Friday, January 30, 2004

Super Bowl Commercials

The Channel 4 morning news show previewed some Super Bowl commercials today. Don't let me ruin your weekend if you want all this to be a surprise Sunday afternoon/evening...

My favorite was Homer Simpson for MasterCard. I never knew the Kwik-E Mart accepted plastic, much less Moe.

Jimi Hendrix for Pepsi loses points because it features a Telecaster instead of a Stratocaster. C'mon, people...

Muhammed Ali for Linux/IBM loses points for comprehensibility, but gains points for incomprehensibility.

Parading Scotsmen for Sierra Mist is not bad, considering it is, as they point out, just Wrong. Is that some kind of Marilyn Monroe homage?

I hope it's a good game, cuz I sure as hell have no interest in the pregame hype or half time show. Anyway, Papa Murphy's pizza is on the menu for Sunday, so there's always that to look forward to...

No comments: