Friday, January 09, 2004

Noel Harrison CD from Rhino Handmade

My old friends Pete and Carole Stultz should order up this CD: Noel Harrison - Life Is A Dream - from Rhino Handmade. It's a 26 track collection from the three Reprise albums, Collage (1967), Santa Monica Pier (1968), and The Great Electric Experiment Is Over (1969), plus "Windmills Of Your Mind" and something like 3 unreleased tunes.

Folky soft rock on the surface, this material often leans into psych with its daring orchestrations. Anyway, that's what it says here. Don't think there's any Dylan tunes here (he'd done some on a previous LP for London), but there's around three Leonard Cohen songs as well as Arlo Guthrie, Donovan, Gordon Lightfoot, Tom Paxton, Joni Mitchell, and Judy Collins...

I wonder if I can find an e-mail address for Pete Stultz? I haven't heard from him for a while. But, I might have gotten a Christmas card from them again this year; I'll have to check. Good folks. I thought of them when I bought an Elgin Community Orchesta LP at Goodwill last Fall. Okay, that's enough keyword spamming, maybe Carole or Pete will Google their name and find this blog. Hi, guys!

No comments: