Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Hey, I got on the radio again yesterday. I forget what the show is called on WHAD 90.7 in the afternoon, but they're talking to Gubernatorial Candidates all this week. Well, they had some Independent Candidate on yesterday who was just talking out of his ass. Conspiracy Theory Keeping The Black Man Down nonsense was just the tip of the iceberg...

So I decided to try to call, and got through on the second try. After waiting on hold for 5 or 6 minutes, I actually got on the air. The following is not a transcription since I haven't bothered to call the Public Radio Store to buy a cassette copy of the show, but to the best of my recollection I said:

"Hi Kathleen, I just wanted to call to thank you and all the staff of Wisconsin Peoples Radio for having this guest on your show today. He is singlehandedly making all the rest of the candidates seem sane, coherent and extremely well educated."

Kathleen Dunn, professional that she is, replied, "Okay." And went to the next caller.

Ha! As if making Ed Thompson seem well educated is anything to sneer at. At least he didn't make Jim Doyle appear to be a greasy dishonest *cough* career politician... Sorry about the redundancies, folks!

No comments: