Monday, November 27, 2006

Eight Point Buck

Yes, I bagged my first white-tail deer a couple Tuesdays ago. An impressive specimen, but I did not have a camera with me. Instead, here's the weapon that killed it, and for the record, he attacked me.

Click for slightly larger photo of damaged vehicle and mostly undamaged human. That's $4708.30 of damage there, according to the estimate the body shop gave the insurance company. The driver's door took the most direct hit, and the window sprayed the front seat pretty thoroughly. I received minor cuts on my fingers, removing glass from my lap and climbing out the passenger side, then back in and out a few times. No other personal damage is evident, though I'm always on the lookout for excuses relating to mental and behavioral shortcomings... Well, it's supposed to be all repaired and ready for pickup tomorrow. We shall see. It'll be nice to have it back.

No comments: