Monday, January 06, 2003

Happy New Year!

Been mostly offline for the last two weeks, so I'm just catching up on a few blogs and comics before getting into the Seriously Productive part of my day...

Finally nabbed Harold And Maude from the library last week. A classic cult movie. Perhaps not as great as it may have seemed in memory, but I was watching it by myself (snoozing Lora by my side) and the state of the art in black humor has advanced somewhat in the last 32 years... I did enjoy it though, especially the Cat Stevens songs on the soundtrack. I may have to CD-R Tea For The Tillerman and Mona Bone Jakon soon. Probably Teaser And The Firecat to complete the triptych, as well... "How Can I Tell You?" indeed...

Had a lot of time off work and rested up pretty good over the holidays. Quite busy, though, lotsa parties, multitudes of Gluckstein relatives in town, lots of good food and drink. Won another darn radio contest (Forgotten Oldie = "Concrete And Clay" by Unit Four Plus Two), but the prize was a pair of New Years Eve tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters, so we never went to pick them up and went to see The Two (not "Twin"!) Towers instead. Then back home to watch Red Green and Fawlty Towers. Lit some sparklers and bottle rockets with the boyz, woke up Lora at midnight and we all went to our beds, saving the champagne for the next day.

I should make entries here more often if I'm going to type so many irrelevant details. So it goes. And now there's several hot projects which should command my attention...

No comments: